Tattoos
Back in high school I use to think people with tattoos belonged in three categories: roughians, white trash, and artists. I always thought that chicks with sleeves had balls. I bet it takes an uber cool chick to do that. I thought about getting a tattoo.
Later when I went off to college I saw a lot of women getting tattoos of butterflies and fairies. I thought was kind of cool. I looked at it more deeply. I didn't really think that their tattoos were cool, but rather that they signified an important change in their lives. I thought again about getting a tattoo. I am very conservative on the outside, so it was something I really had to think about. So after a year of thinking I got my fist tattoo. A bad ass butterfly. I then realized I didn't fit into any of the tattoo categories. So I said the hell with that.
Six years later I got another tattoo. I have a very unique tribal heart tattoo on the top of my foot. You see, I have huge fucking feet. You know how Fred Flintstone starts his car with feet? Yeah, insert me. I thought I wanted to get one that I could still cover up, but I wanted it in a unique place (aka not my lower back).
I often asked Michael if he would ever get a tattoo. He said he wanted to but he didn't know what to get. Since it's permanent I suggested he wait until it comes to him. He was working on an idea for a tattoo when I suddenly suggested he get pi on his arm. I was joking. The more he and I thought about it though, it made sense. I am surprised how he reacts to his tattoo though. I think it's cool that he has it on his blog. Just a side note though, if he would've put his picture on there you would all be drowning in the depths of his beautiful blue eyes. I am not just saying that because I am married to him. Hmm...Maybe I should post a picture. Anyway, back to the subject at hand.
On a trip to L.A. without Michael, I was suddenly stuck with the perfect idea for my next tattoo.
So I had Michael translate it to me. Let me explain. I am half Ukrainian and first generation. I am very proud of my heritage, but since I'm a married female I have lost my name. There is no way in hell I was going to hyphenate, so I lost it. So in that sense, I had tattooed in Ukrainian "From Russia with love." Now the tattoo is special to me, but what makes people look at it is that it's along the side of my foot. Yes, I did say the side of my foot.
Rules for tattoos:
1. Never put your significant other's name on your body. It is the kiss of death. Your relationship will end soon.
2. Never get a tattoo on a bet or dare.
3. Don't get one while your under the influence. You might end up with a tweedy bird on your ass.
4. Go with someone. It makes it more fun.
I guess my point is you can be a be a roughian, artist, a college girl, or a conservative and still get a tattoo. If you get one make sure it's something that means something to you or signifies something. Above else don't get one if you don't want one when your eighty.
Bad Ass Butterfly

<< Home