12.30.2006

Karen....ah...Karen....

What can I say? The absolute best thing that has developed out of my job is my friend Karen.

About...hrm...it's been a while. One hiking season I decided to invite this girl from my work hiking with me and Michael. She seemed pretty cool. She was different and had her own opinions about things. She seemed to be the real deal. So I thought...what the fuck? The absolute worst thing that could happen is that she was a complete asshole. Lucky for me...she was anything but.

She accepted the hiking invite and we made it a weekly thing during hiking season. Truth be told half the time Karen and I were way the hell behind Michael tooting away laughing at poop jokes. Yep...it appeared I had found not only a friend...but a GIRLfriend. How rare for me...

Karen and I soon took over the hikes adding to the rules that we must go out for dinner at a different ethnic restaurant after each hike. After hiking season we started going out on Saturdays.

We've been friends ever since. It's nice to have someone without a penis to hang out with...I had totally forgotten that.

Karen...you aren't hiding anything from me are you???