Friday....the best one in a long time...
So Friday morning at about 3:00 a.m. our alarm clock starts buzzing. Why in the world would we get up that fucking early? To go to Cali to see Grace and Steve of course.
We took off and Michael drove the whole way! Score! When we arrived we visited for a little bit and then met up for lunch with Steve. We went to Wahoo's and ate lunch on the patio. It was a beautiful day outside. Steve went back to work and we walked around the mall we were at.
Next we decided to go on a bike ride. Grace got on her little purple rocket and proceeded to pick up an 8 year old. I swear that girl looks good doing anything. Michael was intent on the calorie burning part. I was too, but I wasn't going to let that overtake the beautiful California scenery. Speaking of scenery...I swear I saw the perfect body running towards me. This woman was jogging with a stroller. She had abs I wanted to lick. I was astonished someone could look like that. Anyway....8.5 miles later all of our bums were killing us and Grace had a prom to go to.
Steve came home from work and we went to Ten Asian Bistro for happy hour. We had hot sake and appetizers. Grace helped me in my chop stick maneuvering and Steve carried a little plate under my sticks...just in case. See how fucking sweet they are? I found out...Krab with a "K" is pretty damn good. It was really mellow and fun. The scenery was beautiful....damn I sound like a fucking parrot.
Next we went to Newport Beach. We walked near some caves, which I really enjoyed. I saw a jetty and I really wanted to go down to it. So we did. On the way there we saw a church youth group or something singing "Kumbyah" or some shit. As we approached the jetty, it looked a lot more daunting and smelled like piss. Steve being the hero that he is, assured us everything would be fine and the piss smell would dissipate as we walked further out. Poor Grace (Steve too) was wearing flip flops. I was worried she might slip. She didn't though. We only made it about half way out, because I started to get chicken. Michael was hopping around like he was playing fucking frogger. Steve was backing me up from the rear *wink, wink*...o.k that really means he was making sure my dumb ass didn't fall in the ocean. The whole thing was fun.
We went back to G&S's and watched Ocean's 12. It was pretty good. A thumb and a fourth. I don't want to be too harsh. There was lots of action and break dancing could be coming back...
We were all pooped and decided to go to bed. We were laying in their guest bed and for the first time in weeks I couldn't think about anything I had to do. I could only thing about what a fun and relaxing day I had. I finally had a night full of peaceful sleep.

<< Home